Saturday, October 28, 2006

I'm Finally Here!

Well I've made it to the destination that will be my home for the next year. It wasn't easy though...It all began with having to switch flights due to delays, followed by being unable to land in Texas because of stormy weather, and than arriving just as my next flight was about to take off. Furthermore once I was in Guatemala my luggage was no where to be found! It's still missing two days later, and I fear for those around me as I've been surviving on gum and wearing the same clothing since Thursday at 5:30 in the morning...I think they are staring to grow on me...ewww. Well about 18 hours after I left Edmonton I arrived in Antigua. There I slept for a whole 3 hours and was rushed off to the airport in the morning to deliver a team. We than drove 3.5 hours to Tactic and here I am.

Well my trip began with quite the adventure and I'm sure the next year will have many more to follow. I'm excited to be here and am very thankful that God brought me here safely. I hope your all doing well back at home...love and miss you all :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Zaak said...

Welcome to the land of eternal rain. Great to have you here Mariah!

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you baby girl! God's going to take you on an adventure, and i'm excited to hear what's in store. Love you.

xox. Jenn.

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you find your bags soon, if not it will just be another great memory... in a few years when you forget how hard it was to replace everything. I am happy you are there to spread your beautiful smile and your beautiful soul. I look forward to hearing of your adventures now that I am not able to travel for some unknown amount of time. Take care my friend,
Amanda

9:29 AM  
Blogger Sistah Girl said...

Glad you made it safely! Can't wait to hear the updates!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you arrived safe, that's all that really matters...after all it's the journey and not the destination thats that puts the life in our lives :)

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Waldrons are so proud of you and so happy that you are moving so God can move! You are a blessing to so many and I know you will touch many lives in Guatemala. Know you are in our prayers and thoughts and we will keep checking your blog to hear of your adventures! Much love from the four (plus one) of us! Carl, Michelle, Marae and Nate

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting there. Too bad about your luggage though. Hope you get it back.

Thanks for attempting to take that package for us to Zaak and Amber. I can understand why you couldn't get it packed with all that you had to pack. We appreciate you trying. They will get it when they come to Edmonton. Hope the mission goes great!!

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI FROM GRAMMA, DID YOU EVER GET YOUR LUGGAGE??

LOVE YOU

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home