Monday, July 14, 2008

Retracing My Steps

It’s been nearly six months now, since my latest adventure that is. The past six months have been a whirlwind of experiences, challenges, and personal growth. To describe in detail the changes that have come about in my character and thought processes is nearly impossible; for who really notes the changes when living day to day? The truth is that the past six months have been so impacting that I’m left trying to piece together the abundance of memories and experiences and articulate them in one logical account. Though yet another difficult challenge, I’ll try my best.

It all began with a prayer. I was nearing the end of my one-year mission term in Tactic, Guatemala. Faced with the inevitable question of “what shall I do next?” I channeled my worries into prayer. My answer came when a girl I had met the past year came to visit her friends here in Tactic. While here she told me about YWAM and how they have a really great discipleship training school for missionaries here in Guatemala. I realized that this was the answer I was waiting for. I had received yet another lesson from God…that I need not worry because the answer will come in His time. Sometimes I think we waste entirely too much time worrying about what we will do in the future, where we will go, what will become of us…worry itself doesn’t bring about solutions, it just buries us in a pile of distress. Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

The Discipleship Training School began in February and my time in Tactic ended in October, so there was just the right amount of time to go home (Canada) and reconnect with my family and friends. Also, to have a white Christmas again since I had missed out on it the past year.

More stories to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home