Sunday, May 27, 2007

Special Moments

The other day while I was teaching my grade 8 class one of the students came very late. Throughout the class she was very quiet, so I put my arm around her and asked if everything was alright. Though she said “yes” the tears began to well up in her eyes. I know not why she was late or what was the cause of her sorrow, but in that moment I felt a connection with her. I then realized that I can be much more than a teacher to these children, I can be their friend and show them that I care. Isn’t that what we all really want and need, simply to be shown that we are cared for?

Many of the children here in Tactic come from very difficult homes. They face obstacles such as unsanitary living conditions, abandonment, and abuse. I find it is a constant struggle to avoid becoming overwhelmed by the circumstances many of these children face.
Please keep the children of Guatemala in your prayers.


If you would like to learn more about the organization I am working with and how you could become part of one of these children’s lives, go to: http://impactministries.ca/


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home