Sunday, April 15, 2007

New Baby

Zaak and Amber (a missionary family and friends from my church in St.Albert) invited me to be present at the arrival of their newest family member. I was a little hesitant at first as I have never witnessed a birth before (though I was very honoured by the invitation). I decided to join the family for this very exciting event an so on April 13th at 11:15pm I met the newest little Robichaud.

Prior to the birth, a few of the local ladies decided to plan a baby shower; Amber wasn't due until April 18th so the 13th seemed like a suitable date for the party. Apparently the baby didn't want to miss out on all the fun because she came that very day!

Throughout the baby shower Amber was having mild contractions, so we decided it would be a good idea to wrap it up early and left around 8:00. When I arrived home I quickly packed an over night bag (just in case Zaak called). Sure enough at around 10 I was back on my way to the Robichaud house; I was so excited and it felt like everything was going to quickly! Zaak and I were rushing around trying to boil water to heat the pool for the water birth (the shower is a Widowmaker and only exerts a small amount of hot water). Just as we finished warming up the water in the pool, Amber said it was time! The little girl (Acadia Juliette Robichaud) is so precious and is such a blessing!


Amber and Acadia resting after all their hard work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home