Wednesday, January 03, 2007

!Feliz Ano Nuevo!

I celebrated the coming of the New Year by attending an 8:00 - 12:00 church service at Beerseba. It was quite a different experience than I've had in previous years where I would attend a friends party, eat lots of junk food, socialize and count down to midnight (with the exception of last year where we missed the count down).

One celebration aspect that is common across countries is the fireworks! Central America loves their fireworks and firecrackers! We watched the whole city fill the sky with flashes and loud bangs, it was quite fun :) The whole valley fills with smoke from all the explosions and when it is over, a deep fog that blankets everything.

Well now I've experienced Christmas, my birthday, and the New Year in another country. Though the celebrations are quite different without my family and friends, I'm doing my best to cherish these new experiences!

I hope the past year has been good to you and that the new one will bring many new adventures!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! Less than two months until I see you! Woot! Woot!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super awesome to hear that you've been having such a great time! You need to fill us in again on what else is happening with you down South. I hope all is well! God Bless!

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feliz Ano Nuevo boo.
We all missed you this year but are glad you're having new experiences.
love you lots.
mom and kids

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing some photos on here now that you have a camera!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home